The decision to invest yet more money into a part that has failed depends largely on whether it is worth saving. At Marine Parts Express, we have certified mechanics who will inspect your transmission or engine to determine whether it can be repaired or rebuilt, and then give you an estimate on what it would cost to bring that part back to factory specifications.
How it works: You pay shipping to and from our shop in Edgecomb, Maine. We give you quality service with reasonable turn-around time so that you can save hundreds or thousands of dollars depending on the gear. Our mechanics love to bring an old gear back to life and we stock most common gear sets in house to help speed you on your way. If we can't repair the part, we will let you know promptly and give you the option of having the gear shipped back to you or, if you choose, we can dispose of it for you.
What is the cost? Between $600 and $1,200 on average, with some gears costing more, depending on the gear. Again, you can ask for an estimate over the phone and if we need to see the gear first, we will not charge you to inspect and quote a price for the rebuild.
- We rebuild all Volvo Penta Transmissions
- We rebuild Twin Disc Transmissions
- We rebuild Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmissions including 71C, 72C and V Drives
- We rebuild reduction gears, ZF-Hurth gears, etc., and also sell them at or below wholesale prices
- We also have experience with some of the older and more unusual gears